My husband saw a sign out and stopped for fresh, local, organic produce on Friday. He brought home some beautiful okra, two large Florida avocados, and summer squash. I finally drove passed Downtown Orlando to a favored vegetable market and purchased some exciting vegetables. Full story tomorrow.
Meanwhile, it's our anniversary! So we started this special week with lunch together, which is very rare these days. And while I've had an Anniversary Menu planned for weeks, based on some other requirements of us for this week, we've elected to go out instead of having a special meal at home. I hope to be able to serve the items on my menu soon, though.
Thursday, I have a meeting. So Paul will get to either make his own dinner or eat something I've prepared in advance.
- Baked potato with black bean salsa
- Cucumber sandwiches-Hommus, bread, and cucumbers-Nora's favorites!
- Mangoes, raspberries, strawberries
- Carrot, celery, or cucumber sticks with peanut butter, hommus, or ranch dip
- Squash and cracker sandwiches (something I've never heard of, but Paul wants)
- Stirfry-Quinoa, carrots, onions, bean sprouts, Japanese Eggplant
- Asparagus and Polenta
- Kale Salad, guacamole, sandwiches
- Tofu, wild rice, Okra
We have a few new things to try for the next two weeks! Exploring new foods is fun!
Do you have plans to try something new this week?